Maui’s Top 10 Attractions
Here’s some of the best attractions on Maui, Hawaii
- Haleakala National Park is Maui’s top attraction and lets you visit rare sights at 10,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on Maui is Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) just past Hana on the windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui.
- Lahaina Town & the Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town.
- One of Maui’s top rated family attractions is the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar farm.
- The Tedeschi Winery produces world-class wines from Maui-grown grapes at Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy makes world-recognized cheese in upcountry in a fun, unique setting.
- Stroll through upcountry gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.
Here’s a few West Maui beaches to enjoy:
Aloha – Enjoy Maui!
Beaches. Maui has some of the best beaches in the world. Napili Bay and Kapalua Bay on the west side of the island are popular snorkel locations, and everyone loves Baby Beach in Lahaina. Honolua Bay is also awesome for snorkeling, and Slaughterhouse Beach nearby is a tourist favorite. Don’t forget to try D.T. Fleming Beach Park.
Top 10 Lists. Take a look at my Top 10 Activities on Maui, and my Top 10 Restaurants. There’s also my Top 10 Attractions while visiting Maui and, of course, my Top 7 Shopping places and Top 5 Luau experiences.
Eating & Drinking. Oh, yea. You’ve also got to eat and drink while visiting Maui. Well, for breakfast The Gazebo in Napili is a “must-do tradition,” along with the Kihei Café. For pizza, try Prison Street Pizza in Lahaina or Dollie’s Pub & Café in Napili.
In the upcountry town of Makawao are two good places to eat – Casanova Italian Restaurant and Makawao Steak House. Stop at this “Hawaiian cowboy” town on your way down from a sunrise visit at Haleakala Crater.
Recent Maui Tourist Guide Posts!
Ever been in a rainforest? Check-out the Honolua Bay Rainforest! Out in Paia is a famous restaurant – Charley’s – so make sure you stop there for breakfast on your way to Hana, or for dinner on your way back. Check-out the various places to stay in Hana!
Whale watching tours? Captain Steve’s Rafting provides one of the best whale watching experiences on Maui.
Welcome To Maui Tourist Guide
ENJOY! Living on Maui, I love to talk about this beautiful island. I hope you enjoy my photography, and I love to provide first-hand information about Maui. My hope is you feel the true Hawaiian “spirit of aloha” in everything you see and do on Maui.
HAVE FUN! Take a look at the article categories, review my recent posts, and send me any questions or comments you might have.
I know you’ll love Maui — as much as I love her!
Maui Hydro Flask!
Here’s a great gift idea – or keep it for yourself – a Maui Hydro Flask. It’s a 40 ounce Ocean Blue Hydro Flask and it can be purchased from Big Wave Taffy. Just $42.95 and that includes shipping to the Mainland USA. Check it out!