Where do people that live on Maui vacation?
One of the most popular questions I am asked, is where the heck we vacation since we live on Paradise. Everyone is always asking where we go.
It’s a valid question with an easy answer – Las Vegas!
Yes, Las Vegas is by far the most popular vacation destination for those living on the Hawaiian islands. There are many reasons Las Vegas is so popular with Hawaiians.
- There are daily, non-stop flights between Maui (Kahului) and Las Vegas.
- It is very economical for a short 3, 4 or 5-day vacation.
- There are many native Hawaiians and friends of locals living in Las Vegas. There is even an ABC Store on The Strip.
- It’s not a particularly long flight, as any flight from Maui is going to be at least 5 hours or more.
- There are many “Package Deals” from several good, travel companies.
We Love Las Vegas! It’s truly the #1 vacation location for those living on all the islands of Hawaii.
Fun Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.
Here’s a few West Maui beaches to enjoy:
Aloha – Enjoy Maui!
Beaches. Maui has some of the best beaches in the world. Napili Bay and Kapalua Bay on the west side of the island are popular snorkel locations, and everyone loves Baby Beach in Lahaina. Honolua Bay is also awesome for snorkeling, and Slaughterhouse Beach nearby is a tourist favorite. Don’t forget to try D.T. Fleming Beach Park.
Top 10 Lists. Take a look at my Top 10 Activities on Maui, and my Top 10 Restaurants. There’s also my Top 10 Attractions while visiting Maui and, of course, my Top 7 Shopping places and Top 5 Luau experiences.
Eating & Drinking. Oh, yea. You’ve also got to eat and drink while visiting Maui. Well, for breakfast The Gazebo in Napili is a “must-do tradition,” along with the Kihei Café. For pizza, try Prison Street Pizza in Lahaina or Dollie’s Pub & Café in Napili.
In the upcountry town of Makawao are two good places to eat – Casanova Italian Restaurant and Makawao Steak House. Stop at this “Hawaiian cowboy” town on your way down from a sunrise visit at Haleakala Crater.
Recent Maui Tourist Guide Posts!
Ever been in a rainforest? Check-out the Honolua Bay Rainforest! Out in Paia is a famous restaurant – Charley’s – so make sure you stop there for breakfast on your way to Hana, or for dinner on your way back. Check-out the various places to stay in Hana!
Spend some time in Lahaina on the west side of Maui, and certainly check-out the Hawaiian scrimshaw at Lahaina Scrimshaw. Spanky’s Riptide is a great sports bar in Lahaina, too. Also try the Paia Fish Market on Front Street.
The Kaanapali Trolley is a free, convenient way to move about the Kaanapali Resort area.
Whale watching tours? Captain Steve’s Rafting provides one of the best whale watching experiences on Maui.
- Marco’s Grill & Deli for dining in Kahului.
- Maui-inspired clothing line Below The 48 is unique and fun.
- Ruby Tuesday in Kihei offers families an outstanding dining experience.
- HDR Photography on Maui is a incredible way to show the beauty of the island.
- Where do Maui residents vacation?
- The Atlantis Submarine is an awesome activity on Maui.
- POG Taffy – only offered by Big Wave Taffy.