Golf on Maui is a major activity!
Maui is one of the best places in the world to play golf, and literally thousands and thousand of golfers come to Maui each year to do just that!
Depending on the golf course, Maui offers a diverse climate that is consistent year round, stunning background views of Lanai and Molokai, and spectacular views of upcountry and Haleakala. Maui is truly a destination for golf lovers worldwide.
- Maui Country Club in Speckelsville is the oldest and, possibly, the smallest golf course on Maui. It’s located on the windward side of the island, not far from the historic town of Paia. (808) 877-7893.
- The exclusive, very private King Kamehameha Country Club does allow the public, but check with them before going to play golf at this beautiful course on the hillside. (808) 249-0033.
- Kihei’s Elleair Golf club is a low-cost golf course on the southwest side of Maui. (808) 874-0777.
- Makena Beach & Golf Resort has 2 very nice golf courses and is south of the Kihei and Wailea communities. (808) 874-1111. (check to make sure some construction is finished).
- The Royal Kaanapali golf course is a Robert Trent Jones Sr. designed course that is very popular on the west side of Maui. (808) 454-4653.
- Kaanapali Kai Golf is a golf course known for narrow fairways and spectacular views.
- Kapalua Bay golf courses are some of the most challenging on Maui. (877) 527-2582.
- Pukalani Country Club is an upcountry golf course with cool weather and an expansive view of Maui. (808) 572-1314.
- The Dunes at Maui Lani is a private golf course open to the public in Kahului. (808) 873-0422.
- Often voted one of Maui’s best golf values, Maui Nui Golf Course is a private golf club that is open to the public in Kihei. (808) 874-0777.
- Experience Maui’s best golf experience with Wailea Golf three different golf courses — Wailea Blue Course, Wailea Emerald Course, and Wailea Gold Course.
Hawaii Tee Times offers discounts on all the golf courses on Maui!
Some Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.
Aloha – Enjoy Maui!
Beaches. Maui has some of the best beaches in the world. Napili Bay and Kapalua Bay on the west side of the island are popular snorkel locations, and everyone loves Baby Beach in Lahaina. Honolua Bay is also awesome for snorkeling, and Slaughterhouse Beach nearby is a tourist favorite. Don’t forget to try D.T. Fleming Beach Park.
Top 10 Lists. Take a look at my Top 10 Activities on Maui, and my Top 10 Restaurants. There’s also my Top 10 Attractions while visiting Maui and, of course, my Top 7 Shopping places and Top 5 Luau experiences.
Eating & Drinking. Oh, yea. You’ve also got to eat and drink while visiting Maui. Well, for breakfast The Gazebo in Napili is a “must-do tradition,” along with the Kihei Café. For pizza, try Prison Street Pizza in Lahaina or Dollie’s Pub & Café in Napili.
In the upcountry town of Makawao are two good places to eat – Casanova Italian Restaurant and Makawao Steak House. Stop at this “Hawaiian cowboy” town on your way down from a sunrise visit at Haleakala Crater.
Ever been in a rainforest? Check-out the Honolua Bay Rainforest! Out in Paia is a famous restaurant – Charley’s – so make sure you stop there for breakfast on your way to Hana, or for dinner on your way back. Check-out the various places to stay in Hana!
Welcome To Maui Tourist Guide
ENJOY! Living on Maui, I love to talk about this beautiful island. I hope you enjoy my photography, and I love to provide first-hand information about Maui. My hope is you feel the true Hawaiian “spirit of aloha” in everything you see and do on Maui.
HAVE FUN! Take a look at the article categories, review my recent posts, and send me any questions or comments you might have.
I know you’ll love Maui — as much as I love her!