West Maui Drive
See the “authentic Hawaii” and make the West Maui Drive!
Should you make the drive to Kahakuloa? Is it worth going to the famous Julie’s Banana Bread Treehouse? Absolutely.
Take a once-in-a-lifetime drive and do the West Maui Drive!
It’s simple. Take Hwy. 30 along the west side of Maui, and just stay on the main road. It will take you past the town of Lahaina, and then past the Kaanapali Resort Area. You’ll pass D. T. Fleming Beach Park and Honolua Bay as you proceed on the main road.
- Yes, the road can get narrow. Go slow and take your time.
- There are no restroom facilities or convenience stores before getting to Kahakuloa.
- Several places along the drive will require you to allow cars going in the other direction to go first.
- Use common sense, and you will be safe with no problem.
- Keep going and you will find yourself in Wailuku and near the airport. You will have circled the west Maui mountains.
This just might be the most fun drive you make on Maui!
Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.