Kapalua Bay Is A Family-Friendly Beach
Kapalua Bay is a nice, clean beach for snorkeling, swimming and enjoying the day!
Kapalua Bay is known for calm, clear water in the morning, and some of the best snorkeling on the island. It’s common to see Maui’s Green Sea turtles at Kapalua Bay.
It’s also a well-known place for marriages and renewal ceremonies, along with religious celebrations. With it’s wide, brown sandy beach, Kapalua Bay is ideal for families with small children, along with elderly folks that just want to walk along the water’s edge.
At the south end of Kapalua Bay is the widely-recognized Merriman’s Kapalua Restaurant.
Parking is available and there are also nice restroom facilities located at Kapalua Bay.
Kapalua Bay Suggestions
- Parking is available at a small beach access parking lot. Look for the small sign. If it’s full, you can also park along the Lower Honoapiilani Road and walk to the entrance to Kapalua Bay.
- Take snorkel equipment and some drinks/snacks, along with water, towels and sunscreen.
- As you face the bay, some of the best snorkel spots are to your left. Kapalua Bay is also a good place to, possibly, see Maui’s Green Sea Turtles.
- The morning hours are the best for calm, clear, easy-to-snorkel waters. In the afternoon, the water can get a bit rough.
- If you bring a change of clothes, try Merriman’s for a drink or an early evening dinner.
- Please be respectful if there is a wedding or event taking place on the beach.
- Kapalua Bay is a very clean and beautiful beach, so please take all your trash with you when you leave. Restroom facilities are inside the parking area.
- Do not try and park at the parking lot for Merriman’s Kapalua restaurant.
- Directions. Take Lower Honoapiilani Road through Honokowai, Kahana, and Napili, toward Kapalua. You’ll pass a Kapalua sign and a bend in the road to your left. Just after you pass the Napili Shores resort, you’ll see the entrance to Kapalua Bay.
I hope you enjoy visiting Kapalua Bay while visiting Maui!
Cool & Fun Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.
Aloha – Enjoy Maui!
Beaches. Maui has some of the best beaches in the world. Napili Bay and Kapalua Bay on the west side of the island are popular snorkel locations, and everyone loves Baby Beach in Lahaina. Honolua Bay is also awesome for snorkeling, and Slaughterhouse Beach nearby is a tourist favorite. Don’t forget to try D.T. Fleming Beach Park.
Top 10 Lists. Take a look at my Top 10 Activities on Maui, and my Top 10 Restaurants. There’s also my Top 10 Attractions while visiting Maui and, of course, my Top 7 Shopping places and Top 5 Luau experiences.
Eating & Drinking. Oh, yea. You’ve also got to eat and drink while visiting Maui. Well, for breakfast The Gazebo in Napili is a “must-do tradition,” along with the Kihei Café. For pizza, try Prison Street Pizza in Lahaina or Dollie’s Pub & Café in Napili.
In the upcountry town of Makawao are two good places to eat – Casanova Italian Restaurant and Makawao Steak House. Stop at this “Hawaiian cowboy” town on your way down from a sunrise visit at Haleakala Crater.
Ever been in a rainforest? Check-out the Honolua Bay Rainforest! Out in Paia is a famous restaurant – Charley’s – so make sure you stop there for breakfast on your way to Hana, or for dinner on your way back. Check-out the various places to stay in Hana!
Welcome To Maui Tourist Guide
ENJOY! Living on Maui, I love to talk about this beautiful island. I hope you enjoy my photography, and I love to provide first-hand information about Maui. My hope is you feel the true Hawaiian “spirit of aloha” in everything you see and do on Maui.
HAVE FUN! Take a look at the article categories, review my recent posts, and send me any questions or comments you might have.
I know you’ll love Maui — as much as I love her!
Maui Hydro Flask!
Here’s a great gift idea – or keep it for yourself – a Maui Hydro Flask. It’s a 40 ounce Ocean Blue Hydro Flask and it can be purchased from Big Wave Taffy. Just $42.95 and that includes shipping to the Mainland USA. Check it out!