10 Best Burger Places In Lahaina
The 10 best burger places in Lahaina on the west side of Maui, Hawaii, offer some of the most mouth watering hamburgers you’ll find in Hawaii. They are gigantic, high-stacked burgers that come with Hawaiian-themed spices and flavors, grilled pineapple slices, and, often, a special house-made sauce.
1. Cool Cat Cafe. Annually rated as Maui’s best hamburger, Cool Cat Cafe on Front Street in Lahaina Town offers a wide variety of burgers and sandwiches. It’s across from the famous Banyan Tree and is on the second floor of the Wharf Cinema Center. The Duke is a popular burger (ask for the special house-made BBQ sauce), but they’re all big and plenty to be shared by two people. Cool Cat Cafe is an open-air, family-friendly restaurant with a lively bar serving a stout Mai Tai and cold draft locally-made beer. This is a “must stop” restaurant. Tripadvisor reviews also let you know what others think about Cool Cat Cafe.
2. Lahaina Coolers. Located on Dickenson Street, Lahaina Coolers is off-the-Front-Street main drag and is often less crowded than the Front Street high-end restaurants. It’s a block or so from the main street but offers a friendly, quite, customer-focused environment with a great burger. Try the one with Blue Cheese and don’t share it. Tripadvisor reviews are also a good thing to see, too.
3. Cheeseburger In Paradise. Yes, it’s a bit of a “burger chain” as there are locations on all the islands, but in Lahaina Town Cheeseburger In Paradise boasts a good, value-packed burger with a killer ocean view and sunsets that take your breath away. There’s always a waiting line at Cheeseburger In Paradise, it’s near all the art galleries and jewelry stores, and the burgers are pretty darn good. Between the ocean view and the burger, you’ll be happy. Ask for a table upstairs. Tripadvisor will tell you more.
4. Koa’s Seaside Grill. The Makaweli Burger features grass-fed beef from the island of Kauai. Koa’s Seaside Grill is located over the ocean on Front Street in Lahaina, and the second floor dining area has incredible views of the island of Lana’i and the moored sailboats. For many locals on Maui, Koa’s Seaside Grill is a “special occasion” dining experience with outstanding food and incredible ocean views at reasonable prices. Tripadvisor shares the experiences of others with you.
5. Teddy’s Bigger Burgers. This is truly a burger joint and while Teddy’s Bigger Burgers is outside of Lahaina Town, it’s an outstanding burger place with a large, confusing selection of flame broiled meat patties covered in an enormous amount of toppings. It’s truly a family-style strip shopping center restaurant that specializes in nothing but yummy burgers. It’s located mountain-side of Hwy. 30 in the Lahaina Gateway shopping complex. Tripadvisor reviews will give good insight into Teddy’s Bigger Burgers.
6. Mala Ocean Tavern. Also on Front Street but behind the Lahaina Cannery Mall, Mala Ocean Tavern is one of the island’s most popular dining spots. While not known for burgers, Mala Ocean Tavern has an outstanding burger with a Blue Cheese dressing. Tripadvisor reviews have lots of good comments.
7. Hard Rock Café. The Hard Rock Cafe on Front Street in the Outlets of Maui shopping complex offers a sizable, tried-and-true burger that has its faithful Hard Rock Café followers. Sit at the bar and eat this big burger. Then check-out all the guitars and pictures on the walls, along with all the famous people that have eaten here. It’ll make up for a decent but hearty burger. Tripadvisor will tell you a bit more from others.
8. Lulu’s Lahaina Surf Club & Grill. Located in the Lahaina Cannery Mall, Lulu’s Lahaina is just north of the Front Street crowd of stores. It’s got a “sports bar” feel to it with many television screens, and it’s an open-air restaurant that is popular with all ages. Try the Triple Crown Surf Burger that’s topped with a Maryland crab cake. Tripadvisor gives even more insight into Lulu’s Lahaina Surf Club & Grill.
9. Betty’s Beach Café. Try the Beach Boy Hula Burger at Betty’s Beach Café, as all their meat is from the Maui Cattle Company and is very good. Betty’s Beach Café is as popular with locals as it is with tourists, and their 505 Front Street location offers a spectacular ocean view. Tripadvisor tells you more.
10. Lahaina Sports Bar. While it’s mostly a sports bar with “bar food”, their half-pound burger is really good. Lahaina Sports Bar is on Wainee Street, and anyone can tell you how to get there. There’s some interesting appetizers, and even some Asian dishes. During major sports events, the place is packed. Tripadvisor has some good comments about the Lahaina Sports Bar.
Looking for a good burger in the west Maui town of Lahaina? You’ve got some darn good choices and you can’t really go wrong with any that are mentioned above. Enjoy Lahaina while chowing down on a good burger!
Fun Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.
Aloha – Enjoy Maui!
Beaches. Maui has some of the best beaches in the world. Napili Bay and Kapalua Bay on the west side of the island are popular snorkel locations, and everyone loves Baby Beach in Lahaina. Honolua Bay is also awesome for snorkeling, and Slaughterhouse Beach nearby is a tourist favorite. Don’t forget to try D.T. Fleming Beach Park.
Top 10 Lists. Take a look at my Top 10 Activities on Maui, and my Top 10 Restaurants. There’s also my Top 10 Attractions while visiting Maui and, of course, my Top 7 Shopping places and Top 5 Luau experiences.
Eating & Drinking. Oh, yea. You’ve also got to eat and drink while visiting Maui. Well, for breakfast The Gazebo in Napili is a “must-do tradition,” along with the Kihei Café. For pizza, try Prison Street Pizza in Lahaina or Dollie’s Pub & Café in Napili.
In the upcountry town of Makawao are two good places to eat – Casanova Italian Restaurant and Makawao Steak House. Stop at this “Hawaiian cowboy” town on your way down from a sunrise visit at Haleakala Crater.
Ever been in a rainforest? Check-out the Honolua Bay Rainforest! Out in Paia is a famous restaurant – Charley’s – so make sure you stop there for breakfast on your way to Hana, or for dinner on your way back. Check-out the various places to stay in Hana!
Welcome To Maui Tourist Guide
ENJOY! Living on Maui, I love to talk about this beautiful island. I hope you enjoy my photography, and I love to provide first-hand information about Maui. My hope is you feel the true Hawaiian “spirit of aloha” in everything you see and do on Maui.
HAVE FUN! Take a look at the article categories, review my recent posts, and send me any questions or comments you might have.
I know you’ll love Maui — as much as I love her!
Big Wave Taffy on Maui!
Take a look at our delicious Hawaii Flavors of salt water taffy – our salt water taffy is soft and creamy and it makes a great gift item, too. The taffy is sold at many stores on Maui, and you can also order on-line with Big Wave Taffy.