Airport Beach Is A Good Family Beach On West Maui
Airport Beach on the west side of Maui, Hawaii is a good, clean, grassy beach that is ideal for families with small children. It has excellent restroom facilities and several picnic tables with barbque grills.
It’s a good place to snorkel in the morning hours, but can get a bit rough after 1 p.m. Bring snorkel equipment with you to Airport Beach as there’s no place nearby to rent snorkel or beach equipment.
Also, bring snacks, bottled water, sandwiches and other food items you might want, as there is not a grocery store or convenience store near Airport Beach.
Airport Beach is very popular with tourists and visitors to Maui, along with locals on the island. The water is calm and clear in the morning, and there’s a nice sandy beach with a large grassy area for relaxing in the sun.
Airport Beach Suggestions.
- Take Hwy. 30 past the town of Lahaina on the west side of Maui. At the Kai Ala traffic light intersection, turn left toward the ocean. As you approach the Airport Beach sign, veer to your right. The large, free parking light is straight ahead.
- Airport Beach is adjacent to the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort facility.
- Take plenty of water and drinks, along with food. There is not a convenience store or grocery store close to Airport Beach.
- Bring plenty of sunscreen. In fact, put sunscreen on your body before leaving your residence and let it soak into your body before entering the ocean.
- The best to arrive at Airport Beach is 8 a.m. or shortly after, as the parking lot can fill-up rather quickly. Weekends are very popular with the locals.
- Bring some hot dogs and buns, charcoal, and condiments to cook hot dogs on the barbeque grills. There is a Safeway at Lahaina Cannery Mall on Hwy. 30 in Lahaina Town.
Airport Beach Photos
Aloha – Enjoy Maui!
Beaches. Maui has some of the best beaches in the world. Napili Bay and Kapalua Bay on the west side of the island are popular snorkel locations, and everyone loves Baby Beach in Lahaina. Honolua Bay is also awesome for snorkeling, and Slaughterhouse Beach nearby is a tourist favorite. Don’t forget to try D.T. Fleming Beach Park.
Top 10 Lists. Take a look at my Top 10 Activities on Maui, and my Top 10 Restaurants. There’s also my Top 10 Attractions while visiting Maui and, of course, my Top 7 Shopping places and Top 5 Luau experiences.
Eating & Drinking. Oh, yea. You’ve also got to eat and drink while visiting Maui. Well, for breakfast The Gazebo in Napili is a “must-do tradition,” along with the Kihei Café. For pizza, try Prison Street Pizza in Lahaina or Dollie’s Pub & Café in Napili.
In the upcountry town of Makawao are two good places to eat – Casanova Italian Restaurant and Makawao Steak House. Stop at this “Hawaiian cowboy” town on your way down from a sunrise visit at Haleakala Crater.
Ever been in a rainforest? Check-out the Honolua Bay Rainforest! Out in Paia is a famous restaurant – Charley’s – so make sure you stop there for breakfast on your way to Hana, or for dinner on your way back. Check-out the various places to stay in Hana!
Welcome To Maui Tourist Guide
ENJOY! Living on Maui, I love to talk about this beautiful island. I hope you enjoy my photography, and I love to provide first-hand information about Maui. My hope is you feel the true Hawaiian “spirit of aloha” in everything you see and do on Maui.
HAVE FUN! Take a look at the article categories, review my recent posts, and send me any questions or comments you might have.
I know you’ll love Maui — as much as I love her!
Maui Hydro Flask!
Here’s a great gift idea – or keep it for yourself – a Maui Hydro Flask. It’s a 40 ounce Ocean Blue Hydro Flask and it can be purchased from Big Wave Taffy. Just $42.95 and that includes shipping to the Mainland USA. Check it out!