Lulu’s Lahaina Surf Club & Grill
Staying on the west side of Maui? Lulu’s Lahaina Surf Club and Grill offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner at its Lahaina Cannery Mall location.
While it resembles a typical sports bar, Lulu’s Lahaina Surf Club and Grill also offers a casual dining experience that is popular with families that have elderly parents or children of all ages. It’s an open-air environment, with both indoor and outdoor patio seating to enjoy the beautiful Maui weather.
Breakfast is becoming very popular at Lulu’s with both locals and tourists, as there is a limited number of breakfast options in Lahaina and the entire west side of Maui. Their pancakes are very good, and the omelettes and waffles can be ordered with several different fillings and toppings. The free cinnamon roll sampler plate is a great start with your morning coffee.
Both lunch and dinner offers a large selection of burgers (try the Hot Lava Burger) and sandwiches, along with four different types of fries. Of course, there’s an extensive pupu (appetizer) menu, with everything from chicken wings, nachos, quesadillas, and chicken skewers, to crab cakes with a pineapple relish and peel-and-eat shrimp.
For dinner, the Huli Huli Chicken is a favorite of both locals and tourists. It’s a lot of food for the money. The Baby Back Ribs are popular, and there’s a fresh fish of the day, along with several salads that are excellent. I particularly enjoy the Grilled Ahi Salad, along with many drink specials. Try a Hawaiian tradition with a Mai Tai or Lava Flow!
Looking for a casual, open-air, family-friendly dining spot on the west side of Maui? Searching for good food and reasonable prices in Lahaina? Try Lulu’s Lahaina Surf Club and Grill. You may find yourself eating there more than once.
1221 Honoapiilani Hwy. (Hwy. 30)
Lahaina, HI 96761
Open: 9 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Tripadvisor offers unbiased reviews. See what others have to say about Lulu’s Lahaina Surf Club and Grill
Yelp also offers opinions of diners at Lulu’s.
- Enjoy Lulu’s Lahaina Surf Club & Grill in the morning hours and also in the late afternoon hours. The restaurant can get quite hot from 2 pm. to 4 p.m., especially in the summer months of June to September and you elect to sit close to the outdoor section.
- The Lahaina Cannery Mall is a bus stop on the west side of Maui. You can easily ride the bus for $2.00 per person from anywhere on the west side of Maui, and not have to worry about parking.
- Enjoy walking through The Lahaina Cannery Mall either before or after your meal, as there are some unique retail stores located inside the complex.
- It’s a 10 minute to 15 minute walk to Lahaina Town from Lulu’s, and you won’t have to worry about parking. Walk along Front Street at the rear of the shopping complex toward Lahaina Town. Don’t walk along the busy Hwy. 30.
- Directions – Lulu’s is located on the ocean-side of Hwy. 30, across the street from the Lahaina Gateway shopping complex. It’s easy to see and there’s plenty of free parking. It’s located between the Safeway grocery store and Long’s Drug Store.
The Lahaina Cannery Mall hosts some of the best free hula shows on Maui. The Polynesian Dancers perform on Tuesday and Thursday nights at 7 p.m. The Keiki Hula Show (children performing) is at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy Lulu’s for lunch or dinner, and then plan to attend one of the free hula shows.
Many Fun Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.