Tasty Crust Pancakes is the best pancake place on Maui
Looking for the best pancakes on Maui, Hawaii? The Tasty Crust has what many locals claim as the best pancakes on the island.
For many years in Wailuku, the Tasty Crust has been serving a variety of golden pancakes, with the banana pancakes being one of the most popular items on the menu. You can also get cooked eggs in several different ways, along with Portuguese sausage, bacon, ham, and fried rice.
The Tasty Crust also serves lunch and dinner, with the Loco Moco being one of the most popular items. It’s a large hamburger patty on top of a mound of rice, covered with a thick, brown gravy. Eating a Loco Moco is a Hawaiian tradition.
- The Tasty Crust can be crowded on the weekend, so you might have to wait for a table.
- If you have a small group, you can sit at the long counter on a short stool for faster service.
- Try the Banana Pancakes and Portuguese Sausage.
- Portions are large, so if you have small children they can probably share a pancake.
- Another local tradition is the POG drink, made of several fruit juices.
- It’s not hard to find, but also not easy. Call if you need directions.
- If you’re looking for a true “local” place to eat on the way to the airport, consider The Tasty Crust. It’s not far from the airport and is inexpensive.
1770 Mill Street
Wailuku, HI 96793
Open: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day except Monday, when they close at 3 p.m.
Directions. If you’re coming from the Kahului area, take the Lower Main Road and their is an intersection with Mill Street. Turn right and go about a mile and a half. If you’re in the Wailuku area, take Main Street to the intersection with North Market Road. Go through a stop sign and keep going about a half mile. You will come to a intersection with Mill Street.
Tripadvisor has some good comments about the Tasty Crust.
Yelp also lets you read what others have to say about the Tasty Crust on Maui.
Aloha – Enjoy Maui!
Beaches. Maui has some of the best beaches in the world. Napili Bay and Kapalua Bay on the west side of the island are popular snorkel locations, and everyone loves Baby Beach in Lahaina. Honolua Bay is also awesome for snorkeling, and Slaughterhouse Beach nearby is a tourist favorite. Don’t forget to try D.T. Fleming Beach Park.
Top 10 Lists. Take a look at my Top 10 Activities on Maui, and my Top 10 Restaurants. There’s also my Top 10 Attractions while visiting Maui and, of course, my Top 7 Shopping places and Top 5 Luau experiences.
Eating & Drinking. Oh, yea. You’ve also got to eat and drink while visiting Maui. Well, for breakfast The Gazebo in Napili is a “must-do tradition,” along with the Kihei Café. For pizza, try Prison Street Pizza in Lahaina or Dollie’s Pub & Café in Napili.
In the upcountry town of Makawao are two good places to eat – Casanova Italian Restaurant and Makawao Steak House. Stop at this “Hawaiian cowboy” town on your way down from a sunrise visit at Haleakala Crater.
Ever been in a rainforest? Check-out the Honolua Bay Rainforest! Out in Paia is a famous restaurant – Charley’s – so make sure you stop there for breakfast on your way to Hana, or for dinner on your way back. Check-out the various places to stay in Hana!
Welcome To Maui Tourist Guide
ENJOY! Living on Maui, I love to talk about this beautiful island. I hope you enjoy my photography, and I love to provide first-hand information about Maui. My hope is you feel the true Hawaiian “spirit of aloha” in everything you see and do on Maui.
HAVE FUN! Take a look at the article categories, review my recent posts, and send me any questions or comments you might have.
I know you’ll love Maui — as much as I love her!
Fun Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
Big Wave Taffy on Maui!
Take a look at our delicious Hawaii Flavors of salt water taffy – our salt water taffy is soft and creamy and it makes a great gift item, too. The taffy is sold at many stores on Maui, and you can also order on-line with Big Wave Taffy.