Honu Seafood and Pizza in Lahaina
Overlooking the Pacific ocean with great island views of Lanai and Molokai, Honu Seafood and Pizza on Front Street in Lahaina offers outstanding food at reasonable prices, along with incredible sunset ocean views from Maui, Hawaii.
Appetizers include oysters on the half shell, a Maine Bay shrimp cocktail, Seafood Chowder, and Dungeness Crab, to name a few. There’s ten salads, and some are with locally-caught fish and locally-grown vegetables and lettuce.
Just a few of the many entrees include fresh Ahi, Seafood Pasta, Pork Shank Osso Buco, a whole Wok-fried Hawaiian Snapper, and a 28-day dry aged Rib Eye steak. Don’t forget their brick oven pizzas, as the Spicy Italian Sausage pie is my personal favorite.
Must Try! Honu Seafood and Pizza offers a Kobe hamburger with applewood smoked bacon and carmelized onions. You won’t believe how good a hamburger can be until you’ve tasted their Kobe hamburger.
There’s a bar area to your left as you enter the restaurant, and Honu Seafood and Pizza is a great place to have a drink and pupus. The environment is casual and open, with seating inside and outside on a deck over the ocean.
There’s a Gluten-free menu and also a children’s (keiki) menu. Honu Seafood and Pizza has a good, solid wine and drink menu, with many of the wines being paired with their seafood dishes.
Looking for an outstanding meal at good prices, with a stunning over-the-ocean sunset view? Head to Honu Seafood and Pizza in Lahaina on the west side of Maui. It will quickly become one of your favorite restaurants on the island of Maui.
Lunch: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Dinner: 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. except Sunday when they close at 9 p.m.
Reservations are recommended via phone or the web site.
1295 Front Street
Lahaina, HI 96761
Location: Honu Seafood and Pizza is located directly behind the Lahaina Cannery Mall on Front Street. Take Hwy. 30 to
the west side of Maui, and you’ll easily see Lahaina Cannery Mall on the Ocean side of the highway. The mall is anchored with a Long’s Drug Store and a Safeway grocery store.
Tripadvisor has excellent reviews of Honu Seafood and Pizza.
Yelp reviews are also a good way to see what others think of Honu Seafood and Pizza.
Fun Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.
Big Wave Taffy on Maui!
Take a look at our delicious Hawaii Flavors of salt water taffy – our salt water taffy is soft and creamy and it makes a great gift item, too. The taffy is sold at many stores on Maui, and you can also order on-line with Big Wave Taffy.
Maui’s Best Luau
- One of the most popular and highly-rated luaus is the Old Lahaina Luau on the west side of Maui.
- The Feast At Lele is an oceanfront luau at 505 Front Street in Lahaina Town.
- The best family luau is the Kaanapali Beach Luau.
- Staying in Wailea? Consider the Wailea Marriott Luau and The Grand Wailea Luau.
- In the Kaanapali Resort Area, both the Sheraton and the Hyatt offer a good luau experience.