The Gazebo in Napili is one of Maui’s best places for breakfast
You’ll have to stand in a waiting line, but the views and good, affordable breakfast make The Gazebo the best breakfast place on West Maui.
Located at the Napili Shores resort on Lower Honoapiilani Road, The Gazebo offers a large breakfast and lunch menu. Opening at 7:30 a.m., The Gazebo is well-known for their large banana and macadamia nut pancakes, omelettes, breakfast burrito, and huge platter of fried rice with an egg.
The staff is friendly and focused on service, there’s a world-class view of the islands of Lana’i and Moloka’i, and the casual environment is ideal for families. The popular Napili Bay is next to The Gazebo, and is one of Maui’s top snorkel destinations.
The Gazebo Suggestions
- Order the “mini” fried rice if there is only two of you. It’s almost too much for one person.
- Be Patient. There will, most probably, be a long waiting line. But most diners believe the experience is worth the wait and coffee is available to drink while you wait.
- Bring a camera and get incredible ocean and island views. During Whale Season, it’s a great location for whale watching while you wait.
- Park along Lower Honoapiilani Road. There’s limited parking at the Napili Shores Resort.
- The Gazebo has an outstanding lunch/brunch menu if you’re late for breakfast. The sandwiches are also very good, with the pulled pork being very popular.
“It might be the best breakfast on Maui,” says Patricia Rattansri. “The pancakes are awesome and the service is friendly and efficient, plus it has incredible views of Napili Bay and the island of Molokai.”
Looking for more than just a good breakfast? Head over to The Gazebo on the west side of Maui for good, solid breakfast food with a spectacular view. Walk along Napili Bay before you leave the area.
5315 Lower Honoapiilani Road
Lahaina, HI 96761
Open: 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m
Reservations are not accepted.
Take Hwy. 30 to the west side of Maui, and drive through Lahaina Town and pass the Kaanapali Resort Area. Keep going. Turn toward the ocean at the traffic light at the intersection of Hwy. 30 and Napiilau Street. You’ll pass by a shopping complex to your left. Go to the stop sign and turn right. Wind around several blocks of roadway, and you’ll see the Napili Shores resort on your left.
With over 1,500 reviews, Tripadvisor offers a large number of comments and suggestions for the Gazebo.
Yelp also has a large number of reviews and comments.
Fun Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.
Maui Hydro Flask!
Here’s a great gift idea – or keep it for yourself – a Maui Hydro Flask. It’s a 40 ounce Ocean Blue Hydro Flask and it can be purchased from Big Wave Taffy. Just $42.95 and that includes shipping to the Mainland USA. Check it out!
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.