Top Ocean Activities On Maui
Maui hosts many activities throughout the year, some on land and some in the ocean. Here’s five “must do” ocean-based activities to experience when you’re visiting the island.
1. Submarine Excursion. Atlantis Submarines Maui provides an incredible underwater experience for those wanting to see what’s under Maui’s blue waters. Out of Lahaina Harbor on the west side of Maui, Atlantis offers a chance to see Maui’s ocean life. Tripadvisor Reviews.
2. Molokini & Turtle Town Snorkel Trip. Molokini is a crescent-shaped volcanic crater just off the southwest coast of Maui. It’s a popular snorkel and dive location and hosts tours by several activity providers.
3. Whale Watching. Each year, thousands of Humpback Whales migrate to the warm waters of Maui to mate and give birth. Just off the edges of the island are some of the best places in the world to experience Humpback Whales up close.
4. Parasailing. Parasailing is a popular activity on Maui, but is limited to May 14th to the December 14 period while the Humpback Whales are in the Maui waters.
5. Deep Ocean Fishing. Want to experience deep, long-line, ocean fishing? Looking to get on the waters of Hawaii and have a unique experience? Try fishing in the deep waters off the island of Maui!
Many, Fun Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.
Big Wave Taffy on Maui!
Take a look at our delicious Hawaii Flavors of salt water taffy – our salt water taffy is soft and creamy and it makes a great gift item, too. The taffy is sold at many stores on Maui, and you can also order on-line with Big Wave Taffy.