Baby Beach In Lahaina Is A Popular Beach
One of the most popular beaches on the west side of Maui is Baby Beach. It’s close to the town of Lahaina, is an easy walk from Lahaina Cannery Mall, and is popular with both tourists and locals. The waters are always calm and clear, and it’s a very family-friendly beach.
It’s an easy beach to find!
Located just south of the Lahaina Cannery Mall, you can park along Front Street or you can turn on Pu’unoa Street and there is limited parking on both sides of the road. Make sure you don’t block a driveway or interfere with other vehicles.
It’s easier if you park at the Lahaina Cannery Mall or at The Outlets of Maui shopping center and walk to Baby Beach. Either way, it’s just an easy 10-15 minute walk and your care will be secure in a larger parking lot.
Baby Beach is a clean, family-oriented, sandy beach that is known by locals and tourists for its crystal-clear, shallow water. It’s ideal for young children. It’s also a great place for whale watching, and is a good location for Maui’s famous sunsets.
Baby Beach has several grassy areas, where you can spread-out blankets or towels. There are houses along the beach, but they are a good distance back from the shoreline and have privacy fences and hedges. You have a great view of the Kaanapali Beach Resort area to your right, and a straight-ahead view of the island of Lanai.
Staying in Lahaina, Kaanapali or somewhere else on West Maui? Baby Beach is a good place to spend a half day. It does not have restroom facilities, nor does it have picnic tables and grills. But it’s a good place to spend a few hours, swim in shallow waters, and watch the sun set over the Hawaiian island of Lanai.
Baby Beach Suggestions
- Spend a morning at Baby Beach and then enjoy the town of Lahaina in the evening, where you can dine at restaurants on Front Street and enjoy the art galleries, jewelry stores, and souvenir shops.
- When in Lahaina, make sure to get a shave ice at Ululani’s Shave Ice. There are two locations.
- Park at the The Outlets of Maui. It’s a paid parking lot, but your vehicle will be secure.
- Also consider parking at the Lahaina Cannery Mall and walking to Baby Beach. Parking is limited at Baby Beach, especially on the weekend.
- Take water and snacks. There are no convenience stores nearby.
Fun Things To Do On Maui!
Visit Honolua Bay when you’re on the west side of Maui, and maybe grab a pizza at Dollie’s. There plenty of activities on Maui and also some of the best burger places are in Lahaina Town. Don’t forget to make a trip to Haleakala Crater and snorkel at Black Rock or Airport Beach.
Looking for a great breakfast? Try The Gazebo in Napili. Do some shopping at Lahaina Cannery Mall, try some pizza in Lahaina Town at Prison Street Pizza, or go upcountry and have a great steak at Makawao Steakhouse.